– 250g linguine or spaghetti
– 2 TB extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
– 1 bunch continental parsley
– 2-3 garlic cloves
– 1 small chili or 1tsp dried chili
– 1 zucchini
– 2-3 anchovy fillets
– Juice of 1/2 lemon
– 1/4 cup white wine
– Salt and pepper to season
- Boil a full kettle of water. Get out a large pot and a medium sized fry pan.
- Prep the veg – finely slice the parsley, separating the stalks and the leaves; cut your zucchini in half length ways and finely slice into half-moons. Finely slice the garlic and chilli and chop the lemon in half.
- On high heat, pour the boiling water into the pot and add a generous pinch of salt. Once boiling again, add in your pasta and cook for 10 minutes until al dente.
- Meanwhile, drizzle 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil into your fry pan and set to a medium heat. Add the garlic, zucchini, parsley stalks, chilli and anchovy fillets (if using). Sauté for 5 minutes until zucchini becomes transparent and begins to brown.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and allow the alcohol to evaporate. Once evaporated, squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Once the pasta is cooked, use tongs to transfer it to the pan with the zucchini. Add ½ of pasta water, a generous pinch of pepper and 1tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Remove from heat and stir to combine all the flavours with the pasta.
- Garnish with parsley leaves and a little more extra virgin olive oil and enjoy!